Philosophy or Religious Studies major scholarship.
- Full time CWU student
- Declared major in Philosophy or Religious Studies
- 3.00 Cumulative GPA
- Junior or senior standing
- Must have completed one upper division Philosophy or Religious Studies course related to India or China
- Must have a specific plan to take two additional upper division Philosophy or Religious Studies courses related to India or China
- Must have a proposal to write his/her senior thesis in one or more of the four areas of study, i.e., Philosophy or Religions of India or China
Evaluation of candidates will occur during Spring Term. You may be enrolled in the required upper division course related to India or China during Winter Term to qualify for this scholarship (i.e., you do not need to complete the course before the application deadline).
Complete the General Scholarship Application through your MyCWU Account.by February 1st and complete your FAFSA by February 1st.
One essay (2 pages maximum, double spaced, 12-point font) demonstrating:
- Applicant's academic interest in Philosophy or Religions of India or China.
- Applicant's plan for fulfilling the class and thesis requirements to receive the scholarship.
- How this course of study will be incorporated into the applicant's future career or life path.
Attach your additional materials electronically to your online scholarship application by February 1st.
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788