- Current CWU students and incoming transfer students admitted to CWU by February 1st for the upcoming Fall Term
- Fully admitted to the CWU Teacher Preparation Program at the time of application
- Major in Elementary Education
- Full-time enrollment
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
Complete the General Scholarship Application through your MyCWU Account by February 1st and complete your FAFSA by January 21st.
- A one-page essay expressing why you want to become a teacher
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: Two (2) from CWU faculty in two different academic disciplines and one (1) from a previous college advisor qualified to evaluate your character and potential for becoming an excellent teacher.
- Unofficial transcripts from any college or university you attended before CWU.
- Additional materials need to be attached electronically to the GSA by February 1st.
- Applicants selected as finalists will be required to conduct a 15-minute teaching session with the Scholarship Selection Committee.
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788