Incoming Freshman or Transfer Scholarship
- Admitted to CWU by March 1st to enroll for the upcoming Fall Term
- Washington State resident
- Entering Freshman or Transfer student
- Completed a college prep curriculum that includes:
- Four years of English language, literature, and writing
- Three years of Math including first year algebra, and two additional years of college prep math such as geometry, advanced algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, calculus, or probability & statistics
- Two years of a single foreign language
- Two years of science including a year each in two fields of college prep science, such as biology, chemistry, physics or earth & physical science
- GPA of 3.500 or higher in the required college prep courses
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and academic potential
Complete the General Scholarship Application through your MyCWU Account by March 1st and have your FAFSA filed no later than February 21st.
A statement from your high school counselor certifying that you have completed a college prep curriculum, including the courses described above. DO NOT SEND A TRANSCRIPT. Failure to provide a completed statement from your school counselor outlining your college prep curriculum will result in the disqualification of your application.
Attach your additional materials electronically to your online scholarship application or submit to the Scholarship Office by March 1st.
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788