Given by Pearl Dixon Farrell, and Drs. Stan and Corinne Farrell of Ellensburg, Washington in honor of Dennis William Farrell, a pre-medical student at Central Washington University at the time of his death.
Sophomore, junior or senior pre-medicine students at Central Washington University are eligible to apply. The award is for tuition, books, and science laboratory fees for the academic year.
PURPOSE: The scholarship shall be given to superior and successful sophomore, junior or senior pre-medicine students at Central Washington University. Scholarships are to be used during sophomore, junior or senior year for tuition, books, and science laboratory fees. Students may reapply for their sophomore, junior or senior year.
This is an award for excellence. If applicants are equal in all eligibility requirements, Kittitas County residents will receive preference. Financial need is not a requirement.
- Full time CWU student
- US citizen
- Legal resident of the State of Washington
- A sophomore, junior or senior declared pre-medicine student who is a full-time, matriculating student on the Central Washington University Ellensburg campus. Any eligible student must have completed at least fifteen credits of approved science and mathematics coursework.
- The applicant must have been a full-time, matriculating student at Central Washington University for at least one academic year before receiving the scholarship.
- College grade point average of 3.5 in the biological and physical sciences and mathematics, excluding computer sciences, and with a 3.4 accumulative grade point average.
- Awardee must be of good character, show leadership ability and altruistic activities in his/her community, on campus, and with fellow students. Participation in individual or team sports should be given only minor consideration.
Applicants must submit the application form, official transcript(s) from all colleges attended, and at least three letters of recommendation by professors who know and have taught the applicant. This information should be sent to the Department of Biological Sciences, SCI. 338. You must include grades for the last quarter that you attended CWU (i.e. winter quarter of your application year).
Applications are available at the Biological Sciences Department-
SCI. 338, the Chemistry Department- SCI 302, the Scholarship/Student Employment Resource Center- Barge 103
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- At least 3 letters of recommendation from professors who have known and taught the applicant
CWU Financial Aid Office
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7504
Phone: (509) 963-1611
Fax: (509) 963-1788