Skip to body


Outside Scholarship Information

What Every Student Searching for Outside Private Donor Scholarships Needs to Know:
  • The "Scholarship Hunting Season" starts early--look for next year's awards as early as October
  • Most application deadlines occur during fall and winter quarters
  • Most scholarships you apply for will be used for the following academic year
  • These links are provided as a courtesy to our Central Washington University students on behalf of these outside organizations. Central is not responsible for exchanges made between these outside organizations and the people that use these links. Apply for scholarships at your own discretion.

How to find Outside Private Donor Scholarships:
You can also try these websites for outside scholarship search support and basic information on different types of scholarships (if you are going to use any of these search engines be sure to set up a separate email account; you might get spam from these sources):
For help with writing an essay, getting letters of recommendation, and completing the scholarship process, visit Scholarship Junkies. On this site students will find help and support, but also a great list of outside scholarships and donors.
  • Register your student profile at WashBoard, a non-profit scholarship matching service for Washington state students or students attending schools in Washington state
  • Search our outside scholarship listings
  • Tap into the power of your community--various local organizations offer scholarships. Many of these organizations don't have the resources to widely advertise their funding opportunities, so it pays to do a little research beyond the Web

What to do if you've earned an Outside Private Donor Scholarship:

1. Fax, mail, or deliver a copy of your award letter to the Scholarship Office. We will add the scholarship to your financial aid package and send your donor proof of your enrollment at Central.

2. Instruct your donor to make out the scholarship check like this:

Central Washington University for benefit of [your name & CWU ID#]

3. Instruct your donor to send the funds to:

CWU - Scholarships
400 E University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7490

4. If your donor requires you to submit your grades/transcripts, you may request official or unofficial transcripts through the Office of The Registrar.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.