Barge Hall - 4128:30 AMPresent: Jim Gaudino, Marilyn Levine, George Clark, Sherer Holter, Kirk Johnson, Ian Loverro, Jim Huckabay, Steven Ross, Lucy Rolfe, Matt Cziske (by phone), John Swiney, Marji Morgan, Ed Day, Shelly Johnson, Linda Schactler, Patricia Cutright, Connie Lambert, Roy Savoian, Kirk Eslinger, Jack Bishop, Kandee Cleary, Staci Sleigh-Layman, Ethan Bergman, Bill Vertrees, Jen Gray, Sandy Colson
- Information Items
- CWU Event Summary - October 2011Sherer Holter summarized the October events. Edward James Olmos has been postponed. We hope to have the event rescheduled soon. Homecoming is October 14-15. Please see the Alumni webpage for the complete schedule:http://www.mycentral.cwu.edu/homecoming2011 Contact Jody Baxter @ 963-1976 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you have an event you would like to add to the summary.
- Action Items
- Approval of PAC Minutes from August 3, 2011; September 7 meeting was canceled.Motion to approve the UPAC Minutes from August 3, 2011 as presented by Kirk Johnson. Seconded by Jim Huckabay. No further discussion. Motion carried.
- University Policies to Recommend for Approval
- CWUP 2-30-140 Ombudsperson - Sherer HolterThe Ombudsperson policy was updated to clarify the ombudsperson's role here at CWU. UPAC members endorsed the changes to CWUP 2-30-140.
- CWUP 2-35-070 Discrimination Complaint & Resolution Policy - Sherer HolterRestructuring has integrated faculty relations and the office for equal opportunity into the human resources organization. The policy change corrects the title of a process and makes it clear where complaints and/or complainants will be referred. UPAC members endorsed the changes to CWUP 2-35-070.
- CWUP 2-50-040 Facilities Use - Sherer HolterThe Facilities Use policy was updated essentially to reference the WAC that the policy is based on. UPAC members endorsed the changes to CWUP 2-50-040.
- University Procedures Reviewed
- CWUR 1-30-050 Discrimination Complaint & Resolution Procedure - Sherer HolterThe Discrimination Complaint & Resolution Procedure supports the policy. Changes were made to clearly show that restructuring has integrated faculty relations and the office of equal opportunity into the human resources organization. The procedure also ensures that the complainant and the respondent received copies of the investigative reports, ensures that timelines are clear and concise, and updates references and conformation with style standards. UPAC members endorsed the changes to CWUR 1-30-050.
- CWUR 1-55-010 Ombudsperson (NEW) - Sherer HolterThe Ombudsperson procedures are new procedures to accompany the policy. These procedures will assist faculty, staff and students in identifying the types of issues handled by the ombudsperson and what one can expect in terms of professional behavior by the ombudsperson. Contact information is also provided.
- CWUR 3-40-380 Facilities Use Procedures - Sherer HolterThe Facilities Use procedure has had many changes and has been discussed and under review for over a year. There were several redundancies in the procedure so items were reorganized. The main piece that has caused many discussions is the cost for rental of our spaces. Marji Morgan raised some concerns regarding Theatre Arts space, mainly McConnell. She suggested getting Scott Robinson and Todd Shiver into these discussions before this procedure is endorsed and passed. It is definitely a stumbling block between campus and the Ellensburg community. Discussions will continue on this procedure.
- CWUR 3-50-205 Travel Authorization - Sherer HolterThe Travel Authorization procedure was updated to clean up language regarding provisions and lower approval levels. UPAC members endorsed the changes to CWUR 3-50-205.
- Departmental Policies/Procedures Reviewed
No departmental policies/procedures to review at this time.Meeting Adjourne 9:11 AM.Next meeting: November 2, 2011