The Brooks Library will make every effort to assist faculty in providing students access to streaming content. Due to funding limitations, the library will only purchase new streaming content and/or rights to support courses that are offered fully online.
• Availability of streaming rights and format
• Copyright restrictions
• Alternative no cost or reduced cost access to similar content
• Fair Use access to streaming portions of individual titles based upon the 2012 Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries.
Only streaming content requests submitted using the official online Streaming Content Request Form will be considered for purchase. The Collection Development Librarian and Instructional Design Librarian will vet requests and process.
Spring Quarter: January 15th
Summer Quarter: April 1st
Fall Quarter: May 1st
2. Program type, i.e., majors offered, minors offered, general education requirement.
3. Number of courses offered in the subject area.
[Responsibility: Library Dean; Authority: Marilyn Levine, Provost/VP for Academic and Student Life; Reviewed/Endorsed by Provost’s Council; 09-11-2013: Cabinet/UPAC; Review/Effective Date: 02-05-2014; Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]