Applies to - Supervisors who are engaging in an employment relationship with new hires who previously retired under the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), Teachers Retirement System (TRS), or Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ (LEOFF) or CWU Retirement Plan (CWURP)
Appointing Authorities shall:
1. Consult with their Human Resource Representative when considering hiring any retiree from a public retirement system, including CWURP.
2. Hire the retiree through an established recruitment and hiring process used by the University.
3. At no time prior to the retirement of individual PERS or TRS employees engage in a written or verbal agreement with the employee to resume employment with the same employer following retirement.
4. Not hire a PERS or TRS employee until one full calendar month after their retirement date.
Human Resources shall:
1. Provide guidance and consultation to supervisors and managers who desire to re-employ retiree staff members.
1. Cooperate with the university and DRS regarding monitoring hours worked. (It is the employee’s responsibility to stay in compliance with their available hours.)
[Responsibility: BFA; Authority: RCW 41.40.037, RCW 41.32.570, RCW 41.26; CWUP 2-30-210; Reviewed/Endorsed by: Cabinet/UPAC; Review/Effective Date: 10/3/2007; 03/05/2009; 03/30/2012; 9/5/12 Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]