Applies to - Non-represented classified employees. To the extent that this procedure addresses terms not covered under collective bargaining agreements for represented employees, the terms of this procedure shall prevail.
The President’s Cabinet shall:
- Render decisions on matters for which authority has not otherwise been granted.
Human Resources shall:
- Develop and recommend personnel record policy.
- Administer this policy in accordance with the WAC, the Revised Code of Washington (RCW), and university procedures.
- Develop procedures for personnel records including access and retention.
- Provide interpretation and consultation to managers and supervisors regarding this policy, the WAC, and university procedures.
Personnel Record: Official file of each classified employee, showing a record of employment and other information required for business and legal purposes.
[Responsibility: President’s Division/Human Resources; Authority: Chapter 357-22 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC), Personnel Records, CWUP 2-30-170; Reviewed/Endorsed by: PAC (3/16/2005); Review/Effective Date: 07/01/2005; 07/01/2008; 03/30/2012; Approved by: Sherer M. Holter, Chief of Staff]