(A) Applies to all non-represented classified employees
(B) Will prevail for terms not covered under collective bargaining agreements for represented employees.
(C) Provides guidance to staff and supervisors in addressing employees’ time away from work.
(D) Is to be used in conjunction with Chapter 357-31 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and university procedures.
(2) Employee Leave
Central Washington University recognizes that employees have occasions to be absent from work and, therefore, provides a variety of leave intended to enable employees to balance their personal life and work responsibilities.
(A) President, vice presidents, appointing authorities, and division and department heads will:
Ensure that leave use by personnel under their supervision is in accordance with applicable laws, WACs and university leave policies and procedures.
(B) Managers and supervisors will:
1. Communicate expectations concerning leave requests and appropriate use of leave to employees.
2. Ensure approval or denial of leave is in accordance with applicable laws, WACs, and university policies and procedures.
3. Identify, by delegation, who will review and approve employee leave requests in their absence.
(C) Human Resources will:
1. Administer this policy in accordance with applicable laws, WACs and CWU policy and procedure.
2. Develop and administer procedures for the implementation of leave practices.
3. Provide consultation and interpretation regarding this policy, procedure and best practice.
[Responsibility: Operations Division; Authority: Cabinet/UPAC; Reviewed/Endorsed by: Cabinet/UPAC; Review/Effective Date: 04/01/2015; Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]