Barge Hall - 412
Ex-Officio members: Jim Gaudino, Wayne Quirk, Bill Vertrees, Charlotte Tullos, Libby Street, Sherer Holter, Roy Savoian, Jim Schwing, Matt Cziske, Elaine Ames
Ex-Officio Advisory, Non-Voting members: Shelly Baird, Ed Day, Pat Devlin, Kirk Eslinger, Bob Hickey, Kirk Johnson, Connie Lambert, Judy Miller, Staci Sleigh-Layman, Margaret Smith, John Swiney, Bob Tosch, Becky Watson
Guests: Rob Lowery
- Approval of PAC Minutes from February 3, 2010
Motion to approve the PAC Minutes from February 3, 2010 as presented by Sherer Holter. Seconded by Charlotte Tullos. No further discussion. Motion carried.
University Policies to Recommend for Approval
None to review this time.
University Procedures Reviewed
- 3-50-205 Travel Authorization Procedures - Bill Vertrees
Sherer Holter summarized the revisions to these procedures. Basically, the changes deal with foreign travel. The president no longer needs to sign the travel authorization for foreign travel. The appropriate vice president or the chief of staff have authority to do so now. A notation was also added that a copy of all authorized foreign travel will be sent to Business Services and Contracts. The changes are important but minor. Roy Savoian moved to endorse the procedures as presented. Seconded by Charlotte Tullos. Presidential approval March 3, 2010.
Departmental Policies/Procedures Reviewed
None to review this time.
- Jim thanked Rob Lowery, Carmen Rahm, and IT folks for putting together the new daily bulletin, Central Today. Please remind folks in your areas to take advantage of using this new on line version to notify the campus of various events, meetings, etc. Rob Lowery added that they are still working on some compatibility issues with GroupWise and hand held devices. The *.CWU email address will be kept live until the end of winter quarter and then will only be available to a select group of people. If you have questions or concerns about the new bulletin, please contact Rob Lowery. No suggestion is out of bounds. Rob also reminded folks that postings are not being edited so be careful to proof read your postings before sending them in.
- Jim announced that the men's basketball team is currently 8th, the next two games (both at home) will determine our tournament fate. Please come out and support your wildcats if you can.
- Jim also encouraged folks to check out CWU’s Rugby team. We are ranked 3rd in the nation.
- Kudos to the policy that PAC recommended for approval a few weeks ago on the Budget Planning group. They are doing a great job.
- Becky Watson announced that PR and Marketing recently won "Best in Show" (gold, silver, and bronze) for some marketing pieces created in conjunction with Enrollment Management.
- Jim announced that he has established a task force comprised of both faculty and administrators. They will be looking at shared governance. They will also be looking at policy, so PAC may see some policies coming forward with regard to shared governance.
- Jim reminded folks that Linda Schactler has developed a weekly legislative update that is located on the CWU Intranet page. Currently, the summary talks about the three budgets proposed by the Governor, the House, and the Senate.
- Jim thanked all the folks involved in getting the Welcome Center ready for its soft opening on March 1. Response from the downtown is very positive. The center is not fully equipped yet, but will be soon. Matt Cziske added that the first big event is March 12. Approximately 100 students and parents will be visiting CWU the Cat Tracks program and will check in at the new Welcome Center.