(1) Should the department determine a need to reevaluate the title and/or compensation for an existing filled position as a result of added value to the university due to job enlargement, job enrichment, a job rotation assignment, the department head / appointing authority shall initiate the following steps:
(A) Redesign the position description to include new duties, level of responsibilities, etc.
(B) Complete Professional Growth Through Job Design Form to include demonstration of reason for requests such as:
1. length of time in the position;
2. increased level of responsibilities;
3. change in duties;
4. change in reporting structure;
5. staff with similar responsibilities to incumbent
(C) Submit Professional Growth Through Job Design, Position Description, and resume of employee to HR Representative for review.
(D) HR representative will benchmark the position against applicable salary survey tools and submit a salary recommendation back to the department.
(E) The department will forward the documents to the appropriate appointing authority for final approval.
(F) Once approved the form will be forwarded to Human Resources.
(G) Human Resources will provide quarterly information regarding position upgrades and promotions to the President’s Cabinet.
[2/2010: Responsibility: Exempt Employee Association Governing Board/Chief of Staff; Authority:President’s Office; Reviewed/Endorsed by: /Cabinet/PAC; Review/Effective Date: 9-5-12; Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]