(1) The scholastic record and/or other qualifications of the prospective employee should be judged primarily in light of work the employee will do at this university. It is the responsibility of the appointee to furnish the president/designee with the transcripts, credentials, and proof of experience as requested. In case of question, the burden of proof concerning the validity of such document lies with the appointee, not the university.
(A) Letters of appointment shall be issued:
1. upon employment with the university in a regular position;
2. upon acceptance of another regular exempt position with the university subsequent to initial employment;
3. when an exempt employee is reassigned in accordance with CWUP 6-30-040 (Position Changes); or,
4. upon acceptance of appointment to a temporary, interim, or acting position.
(B) In accordance with CWUP 6-30-010 (Appointments: Terms and Conditions), subsequent modifications of an appointment or conditions of employment may be made as an addendum to the original letter of appointment.
(C) Written notice of termination must be provided following the schedule outlined in CWUP 6-40 (Separation from Employment). In case of dismissal for cause, CWUP 6-40-070 (Termination for Cause by University) shall apply. Termination due to an expired work authorization shall be in accordance with CWUP 6-40-060 (Termination Due to Expired Work Authorization). The termination of a position due to expiration of funding by an outside agency or source (e.g., grant funded) shall be in accordance with CWUP 6-40-050 (Termination Due to End of Outside Agency Funding) or any other termination section in the exempt policy.
(D) In the initial letter of offer, new appointees will be notified that their appointment is subject to the rules and regulations of this code and provided with its web address. Any subsequent modifications of an appointment, or any special understanding, or any notices incumbent upon either party to provide, will be stated or confirmed in writing and a copy will be given to the exempt employee.
[2/2010: Responsibility: Exempt Employee Association Governing Board/Chief of Staff; Authority: President’s Office; Reviewed/Endorsed by: Cabinet/PAC; Review/Effective Date: 9-5-12; Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]