Students may request waiver of the following mandatory student fees under specific circumstances. A request for a waiver does not constitute an approval of that request; decisions regarding waivers are made on a case-by-case basis by a committee constituted through Student Success.
(1) Health and Counseling Fee/Student Medical and Counseling Clinic Fee
A request may be made for the health and counseling fee/student medical and counseling clinic fee to be waived only for students who:
• are enrolled for fewer than six credits at CWU Ellensburg that quarter
• have no access to CWU health and counseling services (e.g. students who commute from out of the county to CWU to attend only night classes on the nights that the Clinic is not open)
• are residing outside of Kittitas County student teaching or internships or
• are permanent professional staff or faculty at CWU
(2) Student Union Building Fee
The student union building fee was established by the students of CWU to support the SURC building that they own. The fee waiver committee feels that all students should pay this fee unless the student can demonstrate that he/she has no access to the student union and recreation center building during that quarter.
(3) Student Wellness Fee
Requests to waive the student wellness fee may be considered for students who have no access to the wellness center during regular business hours due to living outside the county or are permanent professional CWU faculty or staff.
(4) Student Recreation Fee
The student recreation fee waiver process is addressed by the student recreation center administration. Petition forms for requesting a waiver of that fee can be obtained at the recreation center in the SURC.
[Responsibility: Student Success; Authority: Marilyn A. Levine; Reviewed/Endorsed by: Student Success, Provost’s Council, BFA, 12/2013; Cabinet, 02/27/2013; UPAC, 03/06/2013; Review/Effective Date: 03/06/2013; Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]