Applies to - Non-represented classified employees. To the extent that this procedure addresses terms not covered under collective bargaining agreements for represented employees, the terms of this procedure shall prevail.
The President’s Cabinet shall:
1. Render decisions on matters for which authority has not otherwise been delegated.
President, Vice presidents, division and department heads shall:
1. Ensure that all recruitment and hiring practices of personnel under their supervision are in accordance with this and other university procedure and the WAC.
2. Consult with human resources regarding this procedure and university procedures.
Managers and supervisors shall:
1. Ensure that all recruitment and hiring practices are in accordance with this and other university procedures and the WAC.
2. Consult with human resources regarding this and other university procedures.
Human Resources shall:
1. Develop and recommend promotional policy and procedures.
2. Administer this procedure in accordance with the WAC and the policy.
3. Review and approve recruitment notices for compliance with procedure and in adherence with sound practices.
4. Provide interpretation and consultation to managers and supervisors regarding this procedure, the policy and the WAC.
5. Provide recommendations to the appropriate appointing authority regarding exceptions to this and other university procedures in accordance with the WAC.
1. Provide the university with complete and accurate information regarding their skills and qualifications relative to the position(s) sought.
[Responsibility: President’s Division/Human Resources; Authority: Chapter 357-16 of the Washington Administrative Code (WAC), Recruitment, Assessment, and Certification; Reviewed/Endorsed by: PAC (3/16/2005); Review/Effective Date: 07/01/2005; 03/30/2012; Approved by: Sherer M. Holter, Chief of Staff]