1. An undergraduate student may petition the Registrar in writing for academic forgiveness if all of the following criteria are met:
a. The student returned to CWU after an absence of at least five years.
b. The student's CWU cumulative GPA at the time of leaving CWU was below 2.0.
c. The student has earned at least a 3.0 GPA in at least 45 credits since returning to CWU.
2. If academic forgiveness is granted, the previous credits and grades at CWU will remain on the student's transcript, but will not be used in the calculation of the cumulative GPA, and the student will be in good standing. Only the grades earned since returning to CWU will be used in computing the CWU cumulative GPA.
3. The student may request a review of the Registrar's decision by the Board of Academic Appeals and Academic Standing.
4. A petition for academic forgiveness may be granted only once.
5. Unless academic forgiveness is granted, the (GPA) at CWU will include all CWU grades for all courses.
6. The forgiveness policy does not extend to calculating GPA of majors or to honors.