Among the possible advantages of centers and institutes to Central Washington University are the following:
1. Centers and institutes increase intellectual excitement on campus.
2. Centers and institutes enable students to work closely with faculty on research projects or on projects of educational value.
3. Centers and institutes generally bring external funding into the university in the forms of fees, contracts, and grants.
4. Centers and institutes stimulate faculty to become more involved in their professions, in research, and in writing proposals for external funding.
5. Centers and institutes enhance CWU's services to both internal and external constituencies, most particularly residents of central Washington, the state, and the nation.