CWUP 2-50-050 Flag Protocol
(1) Display. The flag will be displayed according to the protocol outlined in The United States Flag: Federal Law Relating to Display and Associated Questions, dated April 14, 2008 http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30243.pdf.
(2) Lowering. Central Washington University flags are lowered to half-staff
(A) At the direction of the Governor. Such instances typically are in response to deaths or tragedies of statewide or national significance; and
(B) For a period of one week each year beginning the Tuesday following Memorial Day to commemorate the following categories of individuals who passed away during the preceding year:
1. Central Washington University students;
2. Central Washington University current and past employees [and under certain circumstances, close family members of employees]; and
3. Elected or appointed officials who have had a significant positive impact on the Central Washington University community.
(3) Flags are lowered following the flag protocol of the American Legion and the office of the Secretary of State http://www.legion.org/flag.
(4) Flags at the following locations should be flown in the same fashion:
(A) ROTC building
(B) Flag pavilion - the official flag for CWU
The exceptions are the flag on the wall in Nicholson pavilion and the flags on Barge Hall.
[Responsibility: BFA; Authority: Cabinet/PAC; Reviewed/ Endorsed by: Cabinet/PAC; Review/Effective Date:12/04/2013; Approved by: James L. Gaudino, President]