A resolution of the Board of Trustees of Central Washington University delegating certain administrative powers and duties to the president of the university.
Whereas, pursuant to RCW 28B.35.120 (1) and (12), the Board of Trustees is vested with "full control of the university, except as provided by law" and "may promulgate such rules and regulations, and perform all other acts not forbidden by law, as the board of trustees may in its discretion deem necessary or appropriate to the administration of the regional university"; and
Whereas, the Board of Trustees is authorized pursuant to RCW 28B.10.528 to delegate to the President of the University any of the powers and duties vested in or imposed upon the Board of Trustees; and
Whereas, the Board of Trustees has developed a relationship of trust in the President's ability to administer the University and to promulgate policies that ensure compliance with legal, ethical, and regional accreditation standards and that strengthen the institution.
Be it resolved, that the Board of Trustees of Central Washington University, as follows:
1. The Board delegates to the President, subject to the limitations set forth below, the authority to promulgate such rules and regulations as the President deems necessary or appropriate for the administration of Central Washington University.
2. The Board expects the President to inform the Board of new and substantively modified rules, regulations and policies enacted under the provisions of this resolution on a periodic basis.
3. Be it further resolved, that nothing in this resolution is intended to delegate the authority of the Board of Trustees to approve certain actions of the University as expressly specified in CWUP 1-10-060 Relationship to Other University Bodies.
4. All actions taken pursuant to this delegation of administrative powers and duties may be exercised in the name of the Board of Trustees of Central Washington University.
5. The delegation of authority for administration of the University provided forin this resolution may be revoked in whole or in part through subsequent action of the Board at any time.
Adopted this 5th day of December, 2003.
[BOT: 12/03, Res. 03-04; BOT: 10/11, Res. 11-10]