To register for ResNet, you must be in a hall or apartment and have the following:
- Category 5 network cable (Ethernet cable)
- MyCWU username and password
- Plug your network cable into the wall jack and your computer (every room has 1 data jack per pillow)
- Ensure that your computer is not attempting to connect to any wireless networks. Yoy may need to turn off the wireless card on your computer.
- Open a web browser (We do not recommend using Chrome for registration, but you may use it once you've registered). If you are not automatically redirected, type http://hostreg.resnet.cwu.edu into the address bar and press enter. NOTE: This site is only accessible from Residence Halls on the main CWU Campus.
- You may see a prompt referencing the security of the website. Select the option to proceed to the site. You will see a page titled "ResNet Registration".
- Enter your MyCWU username and password
- Press the 'Login' button
- Click the link to read the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) to pass the registration quiz. This is a requirement for network access.
- Once you have passed the registration quiz, you will be asked if you accept the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy. Press the 'Agree and Submit' button. If you do not agree, do not click the 'Agree and Submit' button.
- Wait 15 minutes and restart your computer.
This process will need to be repeated for each computer you own and devices requiring connection to the Internet.