MAC address on older devices:
Register Your Device
Once you have the MAC address, plug the network cable into a computer that has already been registered on ResNet via wired connection (ethernet).
- Navigate to https://hostreg.resnet.cwu.edu/ (The site may come up as untrusted. Go ahead and add and confirm the security exception) NOTE: This site is only accessible from Residence Halls on the main CWU Campus.
- Enter your CWU Safari/Wildcat Connection username and password
- There will be a field asking for an 'Ethernet Address'. Enter the MAC address from above into this box.
- From the 'Operating system' pulldown menu select "Wii"
- Click "Agree and Submit"
- Once you have done this, wait 15 minutes.
- Plug the network cable into the Wii and restart the console. The Wii should be able to access the internet now.
Finding the Xbox One MAC Address:
These instructions are for configuring a Microsoft Xbox One for use with ResNet. Please ensure that your Xbox is connected to an Ethernet port.
1. Press the "Menu" button on your controller.
2. Navigate to the Settings page.
3. Select Network.
4. Select Advanced Settings.
5. MAC address will be listed next to Wired MAC on the right hand side of the screen.
Finding the PlayStation 4 MAC Address:
These instructions are for configuring a Sony PlayStation 3 for use with ResNet. Please ensure that your Ps4 is connected to an Ethernet port.
- On the PS4: Go to "Setttings"
- Scroll down to "System"
- Scroll down to "System Information"
- At the bottom you will find the "MAC Address(LAN Cable)" which you will need to write down.
Finding the Wii U MAC Address:
These instructions are for configuring a Nintendo WIi for use with ResNet.
- On your game pad, select System Settings on the Wii U Menu
- Select "Internet"
- Select "View Mac Address"
- Write down the "LAN Adapter MAC address".
Back to the Top