BA in Psychology is available as 45 or 60 credits and students coming in with an AA-DTA can complete it in two years of full-time study. The psychology department offers an important behavioral science component of the university’s liberal arts curriculum. As part of the General Education program, courses in psychology broaden the student’s knowledge about behavior, cognition, and emotion. Through our major and minor programs, students can develop an understanding of the perspectives, content, and methods of the science and practice of psychology and prepare for graduate study. Students completing the 45-credit version must complete a second major or a minor.
Likely Career Paths
Counselor (mental health, school, career, etc.), school psychologist, mental health technician, human resources, probation/parole officer, market researcher, social service specialist, experimental psychologist, forensics
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance). PSY 489 Senior Assessment one-time fee of $35. Between $25 and $55 per quarter for online courses (applies to all CWU students).
- Location: Ellensburg, Online
- Primary contact: Debbie Thomas | Debbie.Thomas@cwu.edu | 509-963-2381 | Psychology@cwu.edu
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|PSY 101||General Psychology||PSYC& 100|
|MATH 130 (recommended)||Finite Mathematics||Course numbers vary, see TES|
|BIOL 181 Biology I (recommended)||Majors Ecology/Evolutionary Biology||Course numbers vary, see TES|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- Admission requirements for the psychology major and minor: Grade of C or higher in PSY 101, College GPA of 2.25 or higher.
- Students are encouraged to complete a DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) before admission to the degree.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions