Political science is the study of governments, public policies, and political behavior of citizens. It uses both humanistic and scientific perspectives and skills to examine the US, other countries, as well as ideas about human governance and justice. An undergraduate student at CWU has two options for completing a major in political science. The 47-credit major requires a student to also complete a minor or a second major in some other subject, while the 62-credit major is stand-alone. Both can be achieved in two years with an AA/DTA.
Likely Career Paths
Political Science is a broad-based major whose skills can lead to a variety of careers. Examples include Government: local, State, National, International, Public Policy. Journalism: Editing, Reporting, Research, Advertising, News Production. Business/Non-Profit: International, National, Marketing, Personnel, Advertising, Public Relations, Banking/Finance. Education: Public, and Private Schools, Colleges and Universities.
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance).
- Location: Ellensburg
- Department of Political Science | 509-963-2408 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/political-science/
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|POSC 101||Introduction to Politics||POLS& 101|
|and/or POSC 210||American Politics||POLS& 202|
|and/or POSC 270||International Politics||POLS& 203|
|ENG 101||Academic Writing I: Critical Reading and Responding||ENGL& 101|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- See the department’s Guide for Transfer Students
- Students are encouraged to complete a DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) before admission to the degree.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions