Are you interested in designing your own Bachelor of Science degree? Earning an interdisciplinary degree in the social sciences allows just that. Our graduates find employment because they were able to build on their strengths and expand knowledge areas relevant to their future profession. In this program, you have the rare opportunity to blend majors and add minors of your choice. For example, you may take courses from psychology, law, political science, and history to create a major that supports your career and educational ambitions. Work in a variety of career fields including social work, law, therapy, environmental policy, public health, to name just a few. The subjects (disciplines) from which you get to choose classes are psychology, sociology, history, law and justice, anthropology, women’s studies, economics, environmental studies, geography, political science, and interdisciplinary courses.
Likely Career Paths
Social work, social services, therapeutic professions, criminal justice, substance abuse treatment, law, public service, non-profit, corporate training, environmental work, and many others.
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance).
- Location: Ellensburg, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Moses Lake, CWU-Pierce County, CWU-Wenatchee, CWU-Yakima, Online
- Primary contact: Vickie Winegar | email@example.com | 509-963-1804 | cwu.edu/interdisciplinary-studies-socialsciences
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|PSY 101||General Psychology||PSYC& 100|
|SOC 107||Introduction to Sociology||SOC& 101|
The Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) provides CWU equivalencies for courses at other colleges and universities.
- A minimum of a 2.25 GPA is required in the program.
- Students are encouraged to complete a DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) before admission to the degree.
- Any Washington state DTA degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Transfer students typically complete this degree in six full-time quarters.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions