Our Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Administrative Management (BS-ITAM) degree bridges the gap between information technology and administrative management, creating career-ready graduates. Whether you decide to study online, at the Ellensburg campus, or at one of the CWU University Centers, you will receive engaging, quality teaching with leading-edge curriculum. In our student-centered programs, both majors and minors receive personal, one-on-one advising throughout their degree progress.
Students can specialize in: Administrative Management, Cybersecurity, Data-driven Innovation for IT Managers, Human Centered Digital Systems, Network Administration and Management, Project Management, Retail Management and Technology.
Likely Career Paths
Program/data analyst, office administrator, information security analyst, project/program manager, web administrator, BI analyst, cybersecurity consultant/analyst, web development, system/architect engineer, supply chain/operations analyst, IT manager, social media director, IT specialist, cyber network specialist, network/database administrator
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Additional costs: Some of our technical courses have a $25-$50 lab fee. Online Course fee $40.
- Location: Ellensburg, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-JBLM, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Moses Lake, CWU-Pierce County, CWU-Sammamish, CWU-Wenatchee, CWU-Yakima, Online
- Primary contact: 509-963-2611 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/it-management/advising-center
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ADMG 201||Introduction to Business||BUS& 101|
- Students typically complete this degree in 6-8 quarters if they are transferring with an AA-DTA studying at a full-time pace.
- The majority of ITAM classes are offered four quarters a year. • Students should work with their advisor for sequencing of their specialization courses. • This program is designed to serve students at the centers who have military or international student status requirements.
- Students must earn a C- or better in all major courses.
- Network Administration and Management specialization and Web and Database Administration and Management specialization are only offered through the Ellensburg campus. All other specializations can be completed at Ellensburg, CWU-Pierce County, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Sammamish (hybrid) or 100 percent online. Students at the CWU-Moses Lake, CWU-Wenatchee, and CWU-Yakima centers complete their ITAM classes 100 percent online.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/