This bachelor of science teaching major satisfies the endorsement for family and consumer sciences education teaching for career and technical education. It is designed for students who are seeking teaching careers in family and consumer sciences education at the secondary grade levels (7-12). The coursework provides experiences in content areas and instructional pedagogy including field experiences that are designed to prepare for teacher certification and content endorsement. Students in this major must be admitted to the Teacher Certification Program and complete the Secondary Education major.
Likely Career Paths
Teacher at the middle or high school level.
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance); $81 fingerprinting fee.
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: Jodi Musser | Jodi.Musser@cwu.edu | https://www.cwu.edu/career-technical-education/ctefcs-welcome
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|NUTR 101||Intro to Human Nutrition||NUTR& 101|
|EFC 250||Introduction to Education||EDUC& 202 (or TES)|
|PSY 314||Human Development and the Learner (4)||PSYC& 200 (or TES)|
|CDFS 232||Child Development||EDUC& 115|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- Successfully complete FCS 205 before being fully admitted to the major.
- Have a university-level cumulative GPA of at least 2.3 for full admission to this major and a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA in the major to exit the program and to graduate from CWU with teacher certification.
- Earn a grade of C or higher in each course counted toward fulfilling major requirements.
- Apply, be accepted into, and complete the Teacher Certification Program.
- Student teach in a CTE-approved program.
- Hold a valid first aid card with CPR.
- Complete 2,000 hours of paid work experience in the last six years.
- Provide documentation of occupational safety.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions