This bachelor of arts in family and consumer sciences comprises a general introduction to the broad areas of family and consumer sciences and, with an appropriate minor, provides students with a well-rounded preparation for life or for advanced study. Most of the courses are offered online, allowing you to earn your degree at your convenience while learning tangible skills about concrete subjects.
Likely Career Paths
This is a general major that compliments a minor with your career interest: Housing, Nutrition, Fashion, etc.
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance).
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: Jodi Musser | Jodi.Musser@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/career-technical-education/undergraduate-programs-bme-fcse-and-fcs
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|NUTR 101||Intro to Human Nutrition||NUTR& 101|
|CDFS 232||Child Development||EDUC& 115|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- This major requires a minor or double major.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.3 for full admission to this major and a 2.5 GPA for graduation.
- Students are encouraged to complete a DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) before admission to the degree.
- Any Washington state DTA degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admission