This major works with students to develop the technical, social, and cognitive skills and behaviors needed to engage their career fields with entrepreneurial success. Students will acquire foundation knowledge and skills necessary for launching a business, identify internal and external factors that affect entrepreneurial effectiveness, deploy multiple value imperatives when generating solutions to complex problems, build professional relationship formation, and have opportunities to create generating value.
Likely Career Paths
This program complements departments across the university while meeting the needs of student interest in fields where self-employment is a valuable option or where successful employment involves entrepreneurial capabilities.
Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an AA-DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) or an Associate in Business-DTA/MRP (Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Related Program).
- Any Washington state DTA degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- To qualify for admission, students must 1) be declared in another CWU major or non-Entrepreneurship minor program prior to applying and 2) be in good academic standing at time of admission.
- Graduation requires a minimum C+ grade in all courses in Entrepreneurship Foundation, Core, and Capstone.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions