General Economics students learn to think creatively and deeply about important economic issues facing the world today. Students apply a variety of theoretical and empirical perspectives to issues of economic efficiency, economic growth, international trade, public policy, environment, and social justice. Economics teaches valuable critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques that are highly valued in all aspects of business and in government. This specialization provides a great preparation for economics and public policy graduate programs, and law school.
Likely Career Paths
Economic Consultant, Economist, Policy Analyst, Research Analyst, Economic Development Specialist, International Trade Specialist
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics- Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 142 or MATH& 148|
*MATH& 146 will transfer in as Math 211, College of Business will substitute in place of BUS 221.
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP or Associates of Arts DTA.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ECON& 201, 202, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, 142 or MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions