The Economics: Economic and Business Forecasting major focuses on the analysis of business and economic trends such as prices, sales, business cycles, and commodity flows. Economists gather, manage, and analyze economic and business data to understand and predict trends so decision makers can make informed choices. Students develop technical skills and gain experience with statistical software. They utilize the latest econometric methods in their data analysis and can offer forecasting expertise to business and governments alike. This program provides a great preparation for economics, finance and analytics graduate programs.
Likely Career Paths
Risk Analyst, Market Research Analyst, Sales Forecaster, Forecasting Analyst, Demand Forecaster
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics - Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
*MATH& 146 will transfer in as Math 211, College of Business will substitute in place of BUS 221.
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ACCT&201, 202, 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, and MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions