The Business Administration: Personal Financial Planning (PFP) program provides students with a broad business degree while also preparing graduates to become fee-for-service professional planners with strong ethical standards who work with families and individuals developing specific budget, asset management, and related planning processes. The program design and content also meets educational requirements to sit for the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards, Inc. accreditation examination.
Likely Career Paths
Certified Financial Planner, Financial Manager, Budget Analysis, Real Estate Broker, Securities, Commodity and Financial Services Agent
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics - Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
*MATH& 146 will transfer in as Math 211, College of Business will substitute in place of BUS 221.
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 2.0 minimum grade in ACCT& 201 and 202, and a 1.7 minimum grade in ACCT& 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, 141 and 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions