Marketing is a fast-paced field of study that offers the opportunity to work in many different industries. Marketing is often described as the “face” of a firm, but in reality, marketing goes much deeper. It is the core of any organization that is able to successfully interact with entities outside the organization. The Business Administration: Marketing Management provides the background for careers in sales, advertising, marketing management, research, analysis, and retail management. Marketing topics include researching and analyzing consumers, market demand, pricing, product distribution, and development, and communication in order to develop marketing strategies and policies.
Likely Career Paths
Product Management, Brand Management, Marketing Strategy Management, Advertising Management, Data Collection, Survey Research, Data Analysis, Evaluation Design, Digital Marketing
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg, Online (Students attending CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Pierce County can complete the specialization course work online).
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics - Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
*MATH& 146 will transfer in as Math 211, College of Business will substitute in place of BUS 221.
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ACCT&201, 202, 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, and MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions