Every company needs hard-working, problem-solving HR professionals to recruit and manage employees, shape company culture, administer benefits, set policies, and serve as business partners to the organization’s leaders. Students pursuing the Business Administration: Human Resource Management will deal with fundamental organizational processes that must be developed and managed for continuous improvement by both HR specialists and by all managers in general. Thus, the study of HR takes on a dual emphasis. First, by pursuing an HR specialization, students will be thoroughly trained to focus decision-making as it pertains to the acquisition, utilization, development and retention of employees. Alternatively, the study of HRM is also applicable as a strong supplement to other specializations or majors.
Likely Career Paths
Selection and Placement, Recruitment, Onboarding/Orientation, Retention, Career Planning/ Counseling, Benefits, Compensation and Payroll, Employee Relations
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg, Online (Students attending CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Pierce County can complete the specialization course work online).
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics - Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
*MATH& 146 will transfer in as Math 211, College of Business will substitute in place of BUS 221.
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ACCT&201, 202, 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, and MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions