The Business Administration: General Business program provides flexibility for students who want a Business degree, but prefer to customize their own specialization. Building on the general business core , students may select a series of specialization courses to customize their business education. Business is a chance to pursue your passion, whether it is professional sports, fashion, video games, cooking, or film making. Whatever the industry there is a business side to the equation that keeps it running. Business is great for people who want to:
- Initiate and implement change
- Engage communities and help others
- Solve complex problems
- Inspire and lead people
- Create and influence consumers
- Identify and analyze trends
Likely Career Paths
Business Analyst, Business Strategy, Business Development, Consumer Product Sales, General Marketing Analyst, Project Management
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics- Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ACCT&201, 202, 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, and MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/