The Business Administration: General Business program provides flexibility for students who want a Business degree, but prefer to customize their own specialization. Building on the general business core , students may select a series of specialization courses to customize their business education. Business is a chance to pursue your passion, whether it is professional sports, fashion, video games, cooking, or film making. Whatever the industry there is a business side to the equation that keeps it running. Business is great for people who want to:
- Initiate and implement change
- Engage communities and help others
- Solve complex problems
- Inspire and lead people
- Create and influence consumers
- Identify and analyze trends
Likely Career Paths
Business Analyst, Business Strategy, Business Development, Consumer Product Sales, General Marketing Analyst, Project Management
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg, CWU-Des Moines, CWU-Lynnwood, CWU-Pierce County, Online
- Students seeking admission to CWU-Des Moines, Lynnwood, or Pierce County: We admit students fall and winter terms for the Business Administration: General Business Cohort. These program locations require students have an Associates of Business- DTA or equivalent educational experience.
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics- Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||*MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
*MATH& 146 will transfer in as Math 211, College of Business will substitute in place of BUS 221.
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ACCT&201, 202, 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, and MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions