Businesses are collecting massive amounts of data every day and need professionals to help them make sense of that data. This data is critical in helping companies maintain a competitive advantage by producing data-driven insights for decision makers. The Business Administration: Business Analytics program prepares graduates to apply statistical, computing, and economics methods to help corporate managers make better business decisions. Students work with real world business data from marketing, economics, finance, human resource management, supply chain management, etc. and analyze it using descriptive, predictive and prescriptive business analytics methods. The program utilizes the latest business analytics software to manage data, develop visualization, and perform statistical and machine learning analysis. This program provides a great preparation for business analytics, data science, and MBA graduate programs.
Likely Career Paths
: Business Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Quantitative Analyst
- Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance)
- Location: Ellensburg
- Primary contact: 509-963-2930 | CBAdvising@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/business/cbadvising
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|ACCT 251||Financial Accounting||ACCT& 201 and ACCT& 202|
|ACCT 252||Managerial Accounting||ACCT& 203|
|ECON 201||Principles of Economics- Micro||ECON& 201|
|ECON 202||Principles of Economics- Macro||ECON& 202|
|BUS 241||Legal Environment of Business||BUS& 201|
|BUS 221||Intro Business Statistics||MATH& 146|
|MATH 153||Pre-Calculus I||MATH& 141|
|ECON 130 or other approved math||Foundations of Business Analytics||MATH& 148|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- We recommend students pursue and earn an Associates of Business-DTA/MRP.
- Students need to earn a 1.7 minimum grade for ACCT&201, 202, 203, ECON& 201, 202, BUS& 201, MATH& 146, MATH& 141, and MATH& 148.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place at the time they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions