The Fashion Marketing specialization prepares students for careers in the global field of fashion, and marketing the diverse array of products and services it provides. Students explore creative, technological, and promotional strategies; product and consumer behavior; e-commerce and retail; influencer marketing; textiles, merchandising and visual communication; industry technology; and the role of marketing within the fashion system.
Likely Career Paths
Graduates of the program are creative and business professionals working in social media management, editorial communications, fashion marketing, fashion promotions, photo styling, and fashion journalism.
Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance). Additional course fees total approximately $600.
Primary contact: Andrea Eklund | Andrea.Eklund@cwu.edu | 509-963-2067 | www.cwu.edu/apparel-textiles/
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|COM 201||Introduction to Mass Communication||CMST& 102|
Other options may be available, we recommend viewing the Transfer Equivalency Site (TES) for other acceptable equivalences or contacting us.
- Business, marketing, and communications courses would give a good base of information for the FM specialization.
- Students must earn a C- in all courses for major.
- Students who come in with an AA-DTA can finish in two full-time years.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place the quarter they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/.
Admissions: 509-963-1211 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/admissions
Financial Aid: 509-963-1611 | FinancialAid@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/financial-aid
Transfer Center: 509-963-1390 | firstname.lastname@example.org | cwu.edu/transfer
Veterans: 509-963-3028 | VA@cwu.edu | cwu.edu/veterans
International: +1-509-963-3612 | email@example.com | cwu.edu/programs/international-student-admissions