The Apparel, Textiles & Merchandising major is designed to help you gain the knowledge you need to recognize industry trends, analyze market and consumer behavior, and evaluate retail needs in the diverse, fast-paced, and ever-changing fashion industry. Students will build well-rounded base knowledge about textile and apparel products, merchandising strategies, product development, production processes, trends, consumers, and sustainability.
Likely Career Paths
Buyer, merchandiser, trend analyst, product developer, merchandise planner, entrepreneur, brand/licensing manager, sales rep, visual communications, quality assurance.
Cost: University-wide costs (cwu.edu/financial-aid/cost-attendance). Additional course fees total approximately $450.
|CWU Course #||CWU Course Name||Transfer Course #|
|IT 101||Computer Applications||Course numbers vary, see TES|
|CS 101||Computer Basics||Course numbers vary, see TES|
- Business, communications or marketing courses are very applicable to apparel industry and content would further strengthen ATM major.
- Required C- in all courses applied to major.
- Students may pair ATM major with chosen minor (we have a suggested list for students to start with).
- Students who come in with an AA-DTA can finish in two full-time years.
- Any Washington state DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) degree will satisfy all general education requirements.
- Major requirements may change over time; students will be expected to meet the catalog requirements in place the quarter they are admitted to the major. Current catalog: https://catalog.acalog.cwu.edu/.