Skip to body


Contact Us

Registrar Services
Bouillon Hall 140
(509) 963-3001

Financially Dependent Students

Students who are financially dependent upon parents or legal guardians must provide documentation to prove their parents/legal guardians have established a bona fide domicile in the state of Washington. To be considered, parents/legal guardians must have a qualifying status to apply.

Parents/legal guardians must provide the following documentation showing they meet the conditions:

1.    Established a bona fide domicile in the state of Washington. Please reference Residency Requirements, guidelines #1 & 2.

2.    Claim the dependent student on the most recent U.S. Federal Income Tax Return (page listing dependents claimed and signature page).

Legal guardianship: Sufficient documentation is required to verify the guardianship is valid.

Dependent students whose parents/legal guardians are either divorced or legally separated may be classified as residents as long as they are claimed by one of the parents/legal guardians and at least one parent/legal guardian has established bona fide domicile in Washington State.

The student and parent(s)/legal guardian(s) will need to complete the residence questionnaire application. Student’s information will be completed on page one. Parent(s)/legal guardian(s)’ information will be completed on page two (Section 3). Both student and parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must sign and date the Statement of Intent (page two).

This process requires documentation of residency from the Washington resident parent(s)/legal guardian(s) and taxes from the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) who claims the student. Students’ documentation is not required.

Note: Married students are considered as financially independent applicants, not financially dependent.

For more information, please reference the Residency FAQs.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.