Skip to body


Contact Us

Registrar Services
Bouillon Hall 140
(509) 963-3001

American Indian Students

American Indian students who meet the following two conditions are eligible to pay resident tuition at colleges and universities in Washington State:

1.    For a period of one year immediately prior to enrollment at a state institution of higher education, students must have been domiciled in one or a combination of the following states: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.

2.    Students must be a member of one of the federally recognized Indian tribes, as determined under Title 25 of the Code of Federal Regulations (25CFR), whose traditional and customary tribal boundaries included portions of the state of Washington, or whose tribe was granted reserved lands within the state of Washington.

Students who qualify under these conditions must complete the Resident Tuition for American Indian Students form.

Return the form to:

Registrar Services

400 E. University Way

Ellensburg, WA 98926-7465

(509) 963-3001


For more information, please reference the Residency FAQs.

Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.