Skip to body


Contact Us

Registrar Services
Bouillon Hall 140
(509) 963-3001

Affidavit of Residency (HB-1079 Qualified Status)

Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit

Students may qualify for resident tuition status, if they meet all of the following conditions:

1.    Received a high school diploma (or equivalent) at a Washington public or private high school.

2.    Lived in Washington for at least three calendar years (36 months) immediately prior to receiving the diploma or its equivalent.

3.    Continuously lived in the state of Washington after receiving the diploma or its equivalent until such time as the student is admitted to an institution of higher education.

 Students who meets all of the above criteria are required to:

  • Complete the Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit. Provide an official copy of the student’s high school transcript with graduation date from a Washington public or private high school, or the equivalent of a high school diploma.


Return the form to:

Registrar Services

400 E. University Way

Ellensburg. WA 98926-7465

(509) 963-3001


For more information, please reference the Residency FAQs.


Take the Next Step to Becoming a Wildcat.