University Recreation inspires positive, healthy lives through educational and recreational programs, facilities, and services for the Central Washington University community.
University Recreation will be recognized as a cornerstone of the student experience for innovative practices and services, contributing to the holistic development of students, and enhancing the university community.
- Enhance leadership, involvement and social responsibility of Central Washington University students.
- Improve the health and wellness of the campus community.
- Develop and improve University Recreation facilities.
- Continue outreach programs for targeted populations.
- Improve knowledge and professional development of University Recreation staff.
- Manage of fiscal resources diligently.
We, The Students of Central Washington University, accept that students are attending CWU to learn more about themselves, grow into intelligent adults and do what they love. The student body comes from many different backgrounds, but they are here at Central Washington University to do one thing, learn.
The Recreation Center is a place meant to promote all aspects of health and wellness. By using it, We accept that there are students using the center for their own reasons and We are to accept those reasons and not question them. We want other students to actively use the Recreation Center and all services it has to offer.
The Recreation Center Advisory Board, Faculty and Staff encourage a health and fitness oriented atmosphere at the Recreation Center. The Recreation Center is a place for growth. Thanks to the efforts of many students and faculty on campus, The Recreation Center is the standard for respect and community at the CWU Ellensburg Campus.
Therefore, by entering this facility and using it’s services, We, The Students of Central
Washington University, will respect everyone using this facility.