It’s been an exciting election season at CWU, and the seven positions on the Associated Students of CWU Board of Directors (ASCW-BOD) will soon be decided. The Primary Elections have decided which candidates will run against each other in the General Elections. To ensure that voters know the candidates and each candidate’s views on issues on campus, there will be a General Election Debate Monday, May 5 at 6 p.m. in the SURC Pit. Attending the debate will help students with their decisions in voting, which opens Wednesday, May 7 at 12:01 a.m. online at www.cwu.edu/elections and May 8 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at polling stations on the SURC East and West Patios.
Candidates running for each position include:
• Philip Rush is running unopposed for Vice President for Clubs and Organizations
• Spencer Biallas is running unopposed for Vice President for Equity and Community Affairs
• Cassandra DuBore is running unopposed for Vice President for Legislative Affairs
• Robert Lane and Scott Kazmi are running for Vice President for Student Life and Facilities
• Jennifer Treadway and Aunna Anghern are running for Vice President for Academic Affairs
• Nick Chuey and Joseph Charest are running for Executive Vice President
• Yosef Gamble and Kathryn O’Neal are running for President.
All students should take advantage of the chance to vote and make sure they will be represented by the best possible candidates for 2014-15.