Assistant Professor of Psychology
Doctoral Candidate, Educational and Counseling Psychology, McGill University
Office: DES 365
Courses Typically Taught at CWU
- PSY 313 Developmental Psychology
- PSY 362 Introduction to Statistics
- PSY 363 Intermediate Stats & Research Methods
- PSY 445 Clinical, Counseling, and Community Psychology
- PSY 454 Helping Interview
- Youth Mental Health
- School-Based Mental Health
- Human Development
- Social Determinants of Health
- Educational Psychology
- Lavoie, J., Pereira, L., & Ruglis, J. (2013). Rethinking problem behaviour: Understanding the impact of developmental context for children with emotional/behavioural disorders. Presentation to be given in November 2013 at the annual American Public Health Association conference in Boston, MA.
- Pereira, L., Aguilera, C. J., & Ruglis, J. (2013). The role of digital technologies in improving mental health and educational outcomes in youth. Presentation to be given on October 15, 2013 at the annual World Social Science Forum in Montreal, QC.
- Gholamrezaei, M. & Pereira, L, Lavoie, J. (2013). Cultural bias in the assessment and treatment of ADHD: Understanding socio-political factors. Presentation given on June 13, 2013 at the annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association in Quebec City, QC.
- Marfull-Jensen, M., Pereira, L., Flanagan, T., & Ossa, C. (2013). Parenting styles: Understanding perceptions of parents of young children with developmental disabilities. Presentation given on June 13, 2013 at the annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association in Quebec City, QC.
- Gholamrezaei, M., Pereira, L., Nojoumian, A., & Panaghi, L. (2012). The Life-stories of Iranian university students who attempted suicide: A structural analysis. Presentation given on October 25, 2012 at the annual Qualitative Health Research conference in Montreal, QC.
- Pereira, L., Noble, R., Toste, J., Christie, M., & Heath, N. (2012). Stress during the transition to high school: Understanding the influence of students’ sense of mastery and emotional reactivity. Poster presented on June 15, 2012 at the annual meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association in Halifax, NS.
- Pereira, L., & Schepman, S. (2012). Psychological distress and prescription stimulant use: Exploring geographic and gender differences. Presentation given on April 3, 2012 at the annual meeting of the National Social Science Association in Las Vegas, NV.
- Pereira, L. & Porath, M. (2009). Self-concept of female students: A study of ability and school level. Poster presented on April 23, 2009 at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association in Portland, OR.
- Pereira, L. & Schepman, S. (2009). ADHD, maximization, and regret: An exploratory study. Poster presented on April 24, 2009 at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association in Portland, OR.
- Pereira, L., Schepman, S., & Weyandt, L. (2009). Internal restlessness, sensation-seeking, stimulant misuse, and psychological distress in college students. Poster presented on March 21, 2009 at the annual meeting of the American Counseling Association in Charlotte, NC.