Assistant Professor of Psychology
Ph.D. Counseling Psychology, Oregon State University
Office: Online Only
Courses Typically Taught at CWU
- PSY 465 Psychology and the Law
- PSY 489 Senior Assessment
- PSY 346 Social Psychology
- PSY 313 Developmental Psychology
- PSY 300 Research Methods
- PSY 200 Intro to the Major
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- Chronic Mental Illness
- Impact of Clinical Expectations on Recovery
- Clinical Supervision
- Online learning
- Gender Identity
Research In Progress
- Distance-based Clinical Supervision: A quantitative review of the impact of mode of clinical supervision delivery on supervisee self-efficacy.
- Understanding Cybersupervision: A phenomenological Study.
- Bender, S. & Schepman, S. (January, 2013). Perceived Effectiveness of Clinical Supervision as Affected by Delivery Modality: A Quantitative Study – Denver, CO.
- Bender, S. (December, 2011). Mental Health Professionals: Career Possibilities and Practicalities – Edmonds, WA.
- Bender, S. & Schoeld, S. (November, 2009). Students in Mental Health Crisis: A Practical Guide to Detection and Response -- Mt. Vernon, WA.
- Bender, S. (April, 2009). Mental Health Assessment – Part II -- Everett, WA.
- Bender, S. (February, 2009). Mental Health Assessment - Part I– Everett, WA.