Associate Professor of Psychology
PhD – Counseling Psychology – Oregon State University – (2013)
MS – Counseling Psychology – University of West Alabama (2005)
BA – Psychology – Western Washington University (2002)
Courses Typically Taught at CWU:
- Psychology 465 – Psychology and the Law
- Psychology 489 – Senior Assessment
- Psychology 346 – Social Psychology
- Psychology 313 – Developmental Psychology
- Psychology 300 – Research Methods
- Psychology 200 – Intro to the Major
- Psychology 101 – Introduction to Psychology
- Chronic Mental Illness
- Impact of Clinical Expectations on Recovery
- Clinical Supervision
- Online learning
- Gender Identity
Research In Progress:
- Distance-based Clinical Supervision: A quantitative review of the impact of mode of clinical supervision delivery on supervisee self-efficacy.
- Understanding Cybersupervision: A phenomenological Study.
- Bender, S. & Schepman, S. (January, 2013). Perceived Effectiveness of Clinical Supervision as Affected by Delivery Modality: A Quantitative Study – Denver, CO.
- Bender, S. (December, 2011). Mental Health Professionals: Career Possibilities and Practicalities – Edmonds, WA.
- Bender, S. & Schoeld, S. (November, 2009). Students in Mental Health Crisis: A Practical Guide to Detection and Response -- Mt. Vernon, WA.
- Bender, S. (April, 2009). Mental Health Assessment – Part II -- Everett, WA.
- Bender, S. (February, 2009). Mental Health Assessment - Part I– Everett, WA.