Associate Professor of Psychology
Ph.D. Cognitive Psychology, University of Washington
Office: Psychology Building Room
I love to travel, play tennis, scuba dive, and ski. I love the outdoors- camping, hiking, rafting, etc. I am married and three wonderful children.
Courses Typically Taught at CWU
- PSY 101 General Psychology
- PSY 300 Research Methods
- PSY 301 Learning
- PSY 460 Cognitive Psychology
Memory Research, particularly as it applies to Psychology and Law, such as Lying, Eyewitness Testimony, Jury Decision Making, and Repression
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Polage, D. C. & Howell-Forbes, E.* (in press). Achieving the seven principles of effective teaching through online instruction. One Voice International Collection of Scholarly Works 2012.
- Polage, D. C. (2012). Making up history: False memories of fake news stories. Europe’s Journal of Psychology.
- Polage, D. C. (2012). Fabrication inflation increases as source monitoring ability decreases. Acta Psychologica, 139(2), 335-342. doi: 10.1016/j.actpsy.2011.12.007
- Scanlon, A. E.* & Polage, D. C. (2011). The strength of a smile: Duchenne smiles improve advertisement and product evaluations. Pacific Northwest Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities, 2, Article 3. Available at: http://commons.pacificu.edu/pnwestjurca/vol2/iss1/3.
- Polage, D. C. (2004). Fabrication deflation? The mixed effects of lying on subsequent memory. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 18, 455-465.
- Cupp, R. L. Jr. & Polage, D. C. (2002). The rhetoric of strict products liability versus negligence: An empirical analysis. New York University Law Review, 77, 874-961.
- Tsai, A., Loftus, E. F., & Polage, D. C. (2000). Current Directions in False Memory Research. In D. Bjorklund (Ed.), False-memory creation in children and adults: Theory, research, and implications (pp. 31-44). Erlbaum.
- Loftus, E. F. & Polage, D. C. (1999). Repressed Memories: When are they real? How are they false? In P. Resnick (Ed.), Psychiatric Clinics of North America (pp. 61-70). Philadelphia, PA: W.B. Saunders Co.
- Loftus, E. F., Joslyn, S. L., & Polage, D. C. (1998). Repression: A mistaken impression? Development and Psychopathology, 10, 781-792.