Professor of Psychology
Courses Typically Taught at CWU
- General Psychology
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Health Psychology
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Legal and ethical issues in psychology
- Psychology of the Internet (e.g., online gaming, social networking)
- Health psychology
- Applications of social cognitive theory
- Gender issues in counseling and career development
- Schwartz, T., & Lonborg, S. D. (2011). Telepsychology and security management. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 42(6), 419-425.
- Gabriel, K. I., Hong, S. M., Chandra, M., Lonborg, S. D., & Barkley, C. L. (2011). Gender differences in the effects of actue stress on spatial ability. Sex Roles, 64, 81-89.
- Lonborg, S. D., & Travis, C. B. (2007). Living longer, healthier lives. In J.C. Chrisler & V. Muhlbauer (Eds.), Women Over 50: Psychological Perspectives (pp. 53-78). New York: Springer.
- Rae, J. R., & Lonborg, S. D. (2012, August). Health-promoting behaviors and well-being of undergraduate Facebook users. Poster presentation at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Orlando, FL.
- Lonborg, S. D., & Lyons, T. L. (2012, August). Building stronger communities: Heterosexual allies for LGBT children and families. In Working with and Advocating for LGBT Children, Youth, and Families. Conversation hour presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Orlando, FL.
- Lyons, T. L., Lonborg, S. D., & Gabriel, K. L. (2012, August). Social factors in the mental health and success of LGBT members of a rural university community. Poster presentation at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Orlando, FL.