Associate Professor of Psychology
Director, School Psychology Masters Program
Ed.D. Educational Psychology, Kansas State University
Office: Psychology Building Room 118
Courses Typically Taught at CWU
- PSY 501 Professional Seminar in School Psychology
- PSY 525 Psychology of Reading
- PSY 566 Behavioral and Social-Emotional Assessment
- PSY 592 Practicum
- PSY 467 Child Psychopathology
- PSY 447 Psychology of Adolescence
- Professional issues in school psychology
- Response to Intervention
- Early literacy interventions
- Gender issues in education
- Academic engagement
- Marrs, H., & Little, S. (2014). Perceptions of school psychologists regarding barriers to Response to Intervention (RTI) implementation. Contemporary School Psychology, 18, 24-34.
- Marrs, H. (2013). Team-based Learning: An innovative approach to promoting transfer and knowledge in school psychology training. Trainers’ Forum: The Journal of the Trainers of School Psychologists, 31, 47-61.
- Marrs, H., Sigler, E., & Brammer, R. (2012). Gender, masculinity, femininity, and help seeking in college. Masculinities and Social Change, 1(3), 267-292. doi: 10.4471/MCS.2012.16
- Marrs, H., & Sigler, E. (2012). Male academic performance in college: The possible role of study strategies. Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 13, 227-241.
- Marrs, H. (2011). Increasing learner engagement with team-based learning. In R. L. Miller, E. Amsel, B. M. Kowalewski, B. C. Beins, K. D. Keith, & B. F. Peden (Eds.), Promoting student engagement: Vol. 1, Programs, techniques, and opportunities (pp.185-191). Retrieved from the American Psychological Association Division 2 Society for the Teaching of Psychology Web Site: http://teachpsych.org/resources/e-books/pse2011/index.php
- Marrs, H., & Eccles, D. (2009). Assessment of limited English proficiency students in a rural midwestern state. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 28(2), 22-38.
- Marrs, H., & Benton, S. (2009). Relationships between separate and connected knowing and approaches to learning. Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, 60(1-2), 57-66.
- Marrs, H., Hemmert, E., & Jansen, J. (2007). Trouble in a small school: Perceptions of at-risk students in a rural high school. The Journal of At-Risk Issues, 13(2), 29-35.