Associate Professor of Psychology
Director, School Psychology Masters Program
Ed.D. Educational Psychology, Kansas State University
Office: Psychology Building Room 118
Courses Typically Taught at CWU
- PSY 501 Professional Seminar in School Psychology
- PSY 525 Psychology of Reading
- PSY 566 Behavioral and Social-Emotional Assessment
- PSY 592 Practicum
- PSY 467 Child Psychopathology
- PSY 447 Psychology of Adolescence
- Professional issues in school psychology
- Response to Intervention
- Early literacy interventions
- Gender issues in education
- Academic engagement
- Marrs, H., & Little, S. (In Press). Perceptions of school psychologists regarding barriers to Response to Intervention (RTI) implementation. Contemporary School Psychology.
- Marrs, H., & Sigler, E. (2012). Male academic performance in college: The possible role of study strategies. Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 13, 227-241.
- Marrs, H. & Benton, S. (2009). Relationships between separate and connected knowing and approaches to learning. Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, 60(1-2), 57-66.
- Marrs, H.& Eccles, D. (2009). Assessment of Limited English Proficiency students in a rural Midwestern state. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 28(2), 22-31.
- Marrs, H., Hemmert, E., & Jansen, J. (2007). Trouble in a small school: Perceptions of at-risk students in a rural high school. The Journal of At-Risk Issues, 13(2), 29-35.
- Marrs, H., & Patrick, C. (2002). A return to eye-movement training? An evaluation of the Reading Plus program. Reading Psychology: An International Quarterly, 23(4), 297-322