The Central Washington University Psychology Department sponsors a Psychology Club which is open to all students. The main focus of the Psychology Club is attending the Western Psychological Association's annual convention every year in the spring. Fundraising events are done throughout the year in order to finance this yearly trip. In addition to a club trip to the WPA convention, the Psychology Club also works to aid students in forming connections with the department faculty that can be of service in future endeavors.
Psychology/Psi Chi Club Meetings: Always Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.
Psychology Building room 471 (Unless otherwise posted)
Upcoming Meetings (2011/2012):
Information about the Western Psychological Association Convention. If you are planning to apply for funds through PsychClub to attend WPA, please be sure to complete the Psychology Club Funding Interest Form. You must complete this form and submit it to the PsychClub president by January 1.
- Other Important Dates:
- 2009 Portland
- 2010 Cancun, Mexico - April 22-25, 2010
- 2011 Los Angeles - Wilshire Grand - April 28-May 1, 2011
- 2012 San Francisco-Burlingame - Hyatt Regency - April 26-29, 2012
- Want more information? Visit the Western Psychological Association'sofficial website.
Along with the Psychology Club, the Central Washington University Psychology Department also sponsors a chapter of Psi Chi, the national honor society in psychology. Visit the Psi Chi website for more information.
Officers for 2011/2012:
- President: Charlie Spears
- Vice President: Jessica Libey
- Secretary: Tricia Klopfenstine
- Treasurer: Daniel Ackley
- Senator: Amanda (Max) Hanson
Officers for 2010/2011:
- President: Sam Haghighi
- Vice President: Candace Inions
- Secretary: Nicole Metzler
- Treasurer: Rochelle Cikauskas
- Senator: Charlie Spears
- Alternate Senator: Amanda Hanson
Officers for 2009/2010:
- President: Michelle Linsley
- Vice President: Sam Haghighi
- Secretary: Mary Barton
- Treasurer: Jessica Grub
- Senator: Celina Chavez-Gonzalez
Officers for 2008/2009:
- President: Jon Ingram
- Vice President: Michelle Linsley
- Secretary: Celina Chavez-Gonzalez
- Treasurer: Bryan Thieme
- Senator: Sara Westling