Join Psi Chi
The International Honor Society in Psychology
Find out more information about Psi Chi @ www.psichi.org
The Psychology Department sponsors a Psi Chi chapter. Meetings and activities are posted in the psychology building. An annual student recognition ceremony is held on the Thursday evening in June that precedes spring graduation ceremonies. New members are inducted into Psi Chi at that time and selected seniors are recognized for their outstanding undergraduate accomplishments.
Membership in Psi Chi is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in psychology and who have met the following minimum qualifications. View the National Psi Chi website for information on requirements and for their online application: https://www.psichi.org/?page=become_member
- Completion of at least 5 quarters of classes.
- Completion of 14 quarter hours of psychology at CWU.
- Admission to the major or minor in psychology.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 and ranking in the upper 35% of their class (sophomore, junior, senior).
- A minimum GPA in psychology courses of 3.00 and in cumalative grades from CWU.
- High standards of personal behavior.
- Two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of the chapter.
Membership in Psi Chi is an earned honor. Members join with faculty in activities of interest to psychology students, such as speaker programs, trips to regional psychological conventions, informal meetings, and help with job and graduate school searches. A quarterly national newsletter is distributed on campus. Psi Chi is useful for reference purposes such as applications to graduate schools and for jobs.