See details of the 45- and 60-credit major, online major, and psychology minor below. All psychology majors and minors take a common set of core courses. Majors also participate in an end-of-major assessment activity in PSY 489 Senior Assessment.
We reassess our curriculum frequently and make changes to our major and minor to improve the preparation of our students. To view detailed requirements of the major or minor of any catalog year, please see the university catalog for the appropriate year at http://www.cwu.edu/registrar/catalogs.
On-Campus (Traditional, face-to-face) Degree
Bring the completed form to the psychology department secretary in PSY 421 in the Psychology Building. The office will then assign you an advisor. A signed form from your advisor is required for program registration. Please contact the department office at 509-963-2381 to make an appointment with an advisor.
Online (internet-based) Degree -- Not available for Ellensburg-area students
- Online application for the online 45-Credit Psychology Major
- Online application for the online 30-Credit Psychology Minor
The online major is not available to students who live close to the main campus. Only apply to the online major or minor if you live beyond the Ellensburg area. For online applicants, it is not necessary to meet with an advisor prior to applying. Applications are reviewed through the last day of instruction for admission into the program the following quarter with admission to the programs occurring in Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters.
- PSY 101 with a grade of “C” or higher
- MATH 130 (or higher) with a grade of “C” or higher
- REQUIREMENT FOR ALL BA DEGREES – two years of same foreign language in high school or one year in college.
- **BIOL 101, 182, or 201 is NO longer required as a prerequisite course for admission to the Psychology major.
After admission to the psychology major, all students MUST complete PSY 200 Introduction to the Major.